Options   View topic - Natural Remedies for Sinus Infections

Board index  >  Sinus Relief Now  >  Sinus Swelling Treatment

Post a reply
Natural Remedies for Sinus Infections

Natural Remedies for Sinus Infections
by happyjoe1960 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:02 am

Sinus Infection - Natural Remedies for Sinus Infections

The infection of the sinuses (cavities situated inside the skull, which are filled with air), also known as sinusitis is produced by bacteria, fungus and sometimes by pollutants and allergic factors. The sinus infections affect every year 37 million Americans and it seems to be more frequent than hundreds of years ago even though anti-biotherapy has been discovered for some time.

Symptoms of sinus infection are: fever, headaches, sore throat, yellowish or green colored mucus and facial pressure around the eyes, forehead and cheeks; cough; some could even think they have flu. These symptoms generally last more than 10 days. People who have a weakened immune system (due to cancer, HIV, and diabetes), children and elders can easily develop sinusitis. People who work in places exposed to infections, people who suffer of allergies, and smokers are more vulnerable to sinusitis than others. It was at the spur of the moment that we ventured to write something about Www Sinus. Such is the amount of matter that is available on Www Sinus.

Warm Compresses Applied on the Face are Also a Good Solution

They must be used three times a day for at least five minutes. For cleaning their sinuses, yoga practitioners use a saltwater solution. They sniff it in and out of their nose and so they clean the nose cavities. Nowadays special sinus irrigators have been invented in order to make this procedure easier. :idea:

Besides oral drugs, home remedies are welcomed as they help preventing another recurrence of sinusitis and also increases the effectiveness of the treatment given by the doctor. We were furnished with so many points to include while writing about Sinus Irrigators that we were actually lost as to which to use and which to discard!

Antibiotics are useful in treating sinusitis because they kill the bacterium that causes this disease, but this therapy needs to be accompanied by decongestants, antihistamines and topic steroids in order to relieve the symptoms this affection gives. :)

The most important thing is preventing sinus infections by keeping your nose clear, quitting smoking and treating well and as soon as possible any type of colds and allergies.

Is Important for the Patient to Drink Hot Liquids Like Tea, and Chicken Soup

This will increase the movements of the cilia and will remove the mucus from the sinuses faster. Avoid coffee as it seems to be non effective in treating sinusitis. ;)

You're wondering whether you have acute or chronic sinusitis I'll focus on what acute sinusitis is caused by in this article. Sinusitis also means a sinus infection. Sinus infections can cause a wide range of sinus symptoms, including coughing, sneezing, sore throat, pressure, sinus headache, even eye pain, tooth pain or jaw pain and other sinus problems.

People Who Have Acute Sinusitis Do Not Seek Out Sinus Surgery

In any case if you're trying to determine if you have acute sinusitis, this may give you some idea as to what is causing it. For me, just being around old dust and the exposure to the particles can cause it if I'm not careful. Perhaps they actually get up into my nasal passages enough to cause swelling. They can be irritating and start a sinus infection if not taken care of right away. I avoid it by relying on my natural sinusitis: causes, effects and treatment for sinus relief and got rid of my sinus problems for good.

Of Course Antibiotics can Upset the Body's Balance and Cause Yeast Infections Also

So antibiotics are not commonly given as they were in the past. There are other approaches that are better now rather than taking antibiotics even if the problem is caused by bacteria. Getting information on specific topics can be quite irritating for some. This is the reason this article was written with as much matter pertaining to Chronic Sinus Infections as possible. This is the way we aim to help others in learning about Chronic Sinus Infections. :idea:

Used to be Thought that Fungal Infections Did Not Cause Acute Sinusitis

But recent studies have shown that the rate of fungal infections is in the 90% range. Antibiotics will do nothing to help fungal infections. That is the major reason why antibiotics don't work for sinus infections since there goal is to target specific bacteria. Now that we think about it, Sinus Infections are not actually that difficult a topic to write about. Just looking at the word, ideas form in people's minds about the meaning and usage of Sinus Infections.

Certain bacteria live in your nose, such as haemophilus inlfuenzae and Streptococcus pneumoniae. This is natural but when you blow your nose or sniffle, the changes in the pressure can cause the bacteria or fungus or whatever particles or organisms are in your nasal passages to go up into the sinus cavities. It's the opposite of what you would think normally - that blowing your nose would help get rid of the problems. Tests have shown that the bacteria, fungus and particles do indeed go up into the sinus cavities. It was really tough getting information about anything previously. Now with the advent of the Internet, anyone can access any information at any time of the day. :evil:

These organisms become trapped then the one quart of mucous that has to move through your sinuses every day can't get through and hardens causing acute sinusitis. :evil:

But if this inflammation has been caused by an infection by bacteria then this infection is called acute sinusitis, but isn't the only type of infection to cause it. I'll discuss this.

For many years doctors thought the infections were caused by bacteria but newer research has shown that the majority of infections are actually fungal infections. There is a common household mold that lingers throughout every household. There are no boundaries on countries for one to access information about Sinuses through the Internet. All one has to do is to surf, and then the required matter is availed!

People who have chronic nasal problems who find that their sinus membranes swell can get acute sinusitis due to the narrowing of passages and entrance of bacteria or fungi similar to those who get a cold.

While in Europe recently, I found that I didn't need to use nasal irrigation to prevent nasal congestion. I did bring along a travel WaterPik device which I often use for this purpose when away from home, but I didn't feel the need to use it even once for the entire month we were gone. I attribute this to the higher humidity levels in Europe compared to those in Colorado where we live. :)

Upon returning from this latest trip I decided to purchase an inexpensive humidity gauge and put it in our bedroom to deep a closer eye on the actual levels in our sleeping environment. Right now the levels are in the 50% range, which is pretty good. We live at over 7,000 feet of elevation, and we have several windows open at night at this time of year to cool off the room. During most of the year we do use a humidifier, especially in the winter months. When the furnace is on the humidity drops quite a bit, and I will now be able to monitor the levels and make better use of a humidifier with the humidity gauge. Air conditioning will also dry out the air in a room or in an automobile, so keeping close watch of this is important for people like me who continually battle nasal congestion problems. So after reading what we have mentioned here on Sinus Problems, it is up to you to provide your verdict as to what exactly it is that you find fascinating here.

Normally Use Nasal Irrigation With a Saline Solution Once or Twice Per Day

It would be unthinkable to go for a month in Colorado without doing this. I would almost certainly come down with a sinus infection during this length of time, even while continuing to take my normal medication. Looking for something logical on Chronic Sinus, we stumbled on the information provided here. Look out for anything illogical here. ;)

The device I purchased was an inexpensive combination thermometer and humidity gauge. It was only about $4, but one can find digital devices with more functionality in the $20-40 range in stores like Kmart or Walmart. I would strongly recommend that people who suffer from chronic sinusitis medication this small investment and keep a device to measure relative humidity in their sleep and also possibly their work environments. This simple item can be a significant tool in the regimen of all sinus sufferers to help prevent nasal congestion, especially while sleeping.

According to Dr

Robert Ivker, D.O., former President of the American public university Medical Association, the ideal level of relative humidity for sinus health is between 35-45%. I noticed in one of the hotels we stayed at in France that the humidity was in the low 70% range, and I'm sure it was at least that high at other times as well during the month. For whatever reason, this level of humidity seems to work better for my particular nasal congestion problems, and I have noticed before the general tendency of having fewer sinus problems while in Europe. We travel there fairly often as we operate tours in France. Dr. Ivker prefers to use a warm mist room humidifier which requires no filters and kills bacteria. He claims to have had good luck with Bionaire Clear Mist units. Writing on Sinus Treatment proved to be a gamble to us. This is because there simply seemed to be nothing to write about in the beginning of writing. It was only in the process of writing did we get more and more to write on Sinus Treatment.

The Advance in Technology Has Made Our Lives Simpler

Science has been a great blessings for medical world. You wouldn't realize how important is laser techniques for doctors who find them the most suitable technique for any kind of operations. For sinusitis too laser sinus surgery is done. In most cases this is called Endoscopic Laser-Assisted Sinus Surgery.

Know What Comes to Our Mind When We Talk of Laser Sinus Surgery

The cost! These surgeries are every expensive and hence people are afraid of it little. But time has changed and the cost of laser surgery has reduced a lot. You can even talk to your doctor about insurance plans that would finance your surgery. Besides the cost of surgery depends a lot on the types of surgery and varies from clinic to clinic. You may say that we have included exquisite information here on Sinus Disease. This is with the intention of producing a unique article on Sinus Disease. :oops:

Before we learn more on laser sinus surgery lets find out how the endoscopic technique helps doctors to detect in our inner parts. Endoscope is a very light and thin instrument which is inserted in the nose and the doctors monitor the images through an eye piece or monitor screen. The lens of the endoscope allows the doctor to see the different areas inside your nose and the sinuses and to find out what has caused the blockage or infection in you sinuses. Once they are confirmed where the infection or blockage is, the next step that they do in laser sinus surgery. In this method they insert the laser tool along with the endoscope into the site. These tools are so sophisticated that they don't tend to hurt even the slightest any adjacent tissues or organs. These laser tools help to minimize the trauma and also reduce the time of surgery.

Laser Sinus Surgery Has Many Other Benefits

The post operative cure is very fast and the patient heals faster than incision surgery. Doctors would tell simple suggestions that one has to take care after the laser surgery. One generally recovers in less than a week or so. The regular visits to doctor after laser surgery is not necessary. They would call for a routine check up after 10-15days and once they find everything is clear they would recommend you normal life activities.